Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Courage Campaign


"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.

If this video does not touch your heart then I don't know what to say. Go to http://www.couragecampaign.org/page/s/divorce for more information and to sign the letter.

Leah and I are one of the 18,000 couples who got married in California. We are one of the couples that Ken Starr (you remember him, Bill Clinton/blue dress fame) wants the government to invalidate and forcibly divorce. We have our marriage license in hand. Signed and sealed and legal. Leah has legally changed her name. Our state is recognizing our marriage (to a point, don't get me started.) This whole thing saddens me, but, at the same time empowers me to do more and fight for my rights. I am an empowered butch lesbian. Watch out world.

2 comments:

Journal of a ____ said...

TWO posts in one day! Go beautiful girl, go!

Butch Jamie said...

OMG - such a beautiful video.